Implementing Industry 4.0:
Leading Change in Manufacturing and Operations
Presented in collaboration with:
Thursday, June 11 - Friday, June 12, 2020
8:30am - 4:30pm
Digital Delivery via Zoom
$3990: $15% off for LiveWorx Attendees with discount code: LWX15
About the Course
The term "Industry 4.0" refers to the combination of several major innovations in digital technology that are poised to transform the energy and manufacturing sectors. From advanced robotics and machine learning to software-as-a-service and the Industrial Internet of Things, these changes enable a powerful new way of organizing global operations. But how should executives lead this change within their own organizations so as to not negatively impact production, customer satisfaction, and corporate culture?
Implementing Industry 4.0: Leading Change in Manufacturing & Operations is a new program designed to help executives implement large scale technological change. Topics discussed include:
- New business models and forms of operations that are currently being enabled by technological innovations such as the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
- The "hidden factory" that results from a counterproductive and unpredictable mix of old and new technologies. Over time, this results in an unknown "process" that delivers defect-laden products behind schedule.
- The importance of decoding cultural and workforce factors prior to making an investment in new technologies
- The overemphasis on visioning at the expense of fully understanding existing systems, the context in which those systems are operating, and the people who must use the technology
- Ways to increase a factory’s "IQ," leading to more productive and safer operations
- The role of the front-line leader in the adoption and successful execution of the new technology
The below agenda is a sample schedule and is subject to change.
June 11, 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Let Your System Speak: How to Thrive in the Era of Industry 4.0
June 11, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
June 11, 1:00 PM - 2:45 PM
IIoT Simulation Exercise
June 11, 2:45 PM - 4:30 PM
IIoT Sources of Value Part 1
June 12, 8:30 AM - 10:15 AM
IIoT Sources of Value Part 2
June 12, 10:15 AM - 12:00 PM
Industry 4.0 Panel
June 12, 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
June 12, 1:00 PM - 2:45 PM
Organizational Dynamics: 3 Perspectives on IIoT
June 12, 2:45 PM - 4:30 PM
The Industry 4.0 Playbook: What Will You Do Tomorrow?
Agenda is subject to change.
This external educational program offered by the MIT Sloan Executive Education is an additional fee ($3990) outside of your LiveWorx registration. It is not included in the Pricing Model for other PTC University Trainings.
Register with code: LWX15 to receive an exclusive 15% off discount, only available to LiveWorx attendees!