Implementing Industry 4.0: Leading Change in Manufacturing and Operations
The term "Industry 4.0" refers to several major innovations in digital technology that are poised to transform the energy and manufacturing sectors. From advanced robotics and machine learning to software-as-a-service and the Industrial Internet of Things, these changes enable a powerful new way of organizing global operations. How should executives lead this change within their own organizations without negatively impacting production, customer satisfaction, and corporate culture?
Implementing Industry 4.0: Leading Change in Manufacturing & Operations is a new program designed to help executives implement large scale technological change. Topics discussed include:
- New business models and forms of operations that are currently being enabled by technological innovations such as the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
- The "hidden factory" that results from a counterproductive and unpredictable mix of old and new technologies. Over time, this results in an unknown "process" that delivers defect-laden products behind schedule.
- The importance of decoding cultural and workforce factors prior to making an investment in new technologies
- The overemphasis on visioning at the expense of fully understanding existing systems, the context in which those systems are operating, and the people who must use the technology
- Ways to increase a factory’s "IQ," leading to more productive and safer operations
- The role of the front-line leader in the adoption and successful execution of the new technology
* This course is not focused on the features or selection of specific Industrial Internet of Things/IIoT technology products or services. Instead, it is intended to help senior leaders in manufacturing and operations who are deploying Industrial Internet of Things technologies to obtain greater value from their businesses by diagnosing the states of their systems, measuring activities appropriately, and overcoming cultural obstacles to deployment of productive technologies.
Explore Other Training Courses
- DeluX Pass Only