President & CEO, PTC
Jim Heppelmann is president and CEO of PTC, responsible for driving the company’s global business strategy and operations. Since his appointment to CEO in 2010, Jim has spear-headed PTC’s thought leadership and development of its market-leading suite of technology—including computer-aided design (CAD), product lifecycle management (PLM), the internet of things (IoT), and augmented reality (AR).
Prior to PTC, Jim cofounded Windchill Technology which PTC acquired in 1998. Previous to his work with Windchill Technology, Jim was CTO at Metaphase Technology.
In addition to serving on PTC's Board of Directors, Jim is a member of the board of directors at SENSATA and is currently serving a two-year term as co-chair of the MassTLC (Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council). He also sits on the Dean's advisory board at the University of Minnesota College of Science & Engineering and the executive advisory board of FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology).
Jim earned a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering with a focus on CAD from the University of Minnesota.
- AR and How We Work: The New Normal, National Association of Manufacturers, May 2020
- Unleashing the Power of Data with IoT and Augmented Reality, joint research report from BCG and PTC, March 2020
- A Manager’s Guide to Augmented Reality, Harvard Business Review, November 2017
- How Smart, Connected Products are Transforming Companies, Harvard Business Review, October 2015
- How Smart, Connected Products are Transforming Competition, Harvard Business Review, November 2014
- Top 25 Enterprise IT Innovators of 2019 by CRN
- 2018 CXO of the Year in the IoT Global Awards
- The CEO Forum’s Top 10 CEO’s Transforming Business Through Technology
- Innovator in the 2018 Top 100 Executives List from CRN
- #15 on Next Reality’s 50 People to Watch in Augmented & Mixed Reality
- 7 Leaders to Watch in 2017 by HPE
- 2015 Technology CEO of the Year by MassTLC
- 2014 CEO of the Year from Postscapes IoT Awards