- Dates Offered: Monday, May 22nd
- Time: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Level: Applicable to All
- Product Family: ThingWorx
- Topics: Privacy & Security
- Prerequisite: Technical or Engineering Background Who Want to Understand the Principles of Secure Design
Are you interested in how to make connected devices more secure or how connected devices get hacked? If so, then this is the course for you!
Be taught next generation information security skills set to empower you to success in the IoT era. Instructed by the same elite security researchers who organize IoT hacking events – including the famous IoT Village.
Learn the fundamentals of security in the context of the Internet of Things from a hacker’s perspective! Through a mixture of lecture, group exercise, and hands-on modules, this course will jumpstart your IoT security and hacking career, and deliver significant returns for your organization that can be measured in employee knowledge and enterprise readiness.
The content structure will take you through a skills progression, with each module building on the previous:
Module 1: Common Security Goals
Module 2: Understanding Risk
Module 3: Secure Design Principles
Module 4: Deep Dive into Product Security
Module 5: Hacking Methodology
Module 6: Tools and Techniques
Module 7: Detection and Prevention
Module 8: Applying Lessons to the Real World
You will be trained how to use a range of software-based tools that are integral to device analysis. These include (but not limited to): nmap, netcat, Nessus, Shodan, Wireshark, Burp Suite, Spike and other fuzzers, Gdb & other debuggers, basic binary/static analysis such as grep, strings, IDA and exploitation tools like Metaploit.
About Intendent Security Evaluators (ISE):
ISE is an independent security firm in Baltimore, Maryland dedicated to aggressive defense strategies through advanced science. Their elite team of analysts and developers use scientific approaches to improve clients’ overall security posture, protect digital assets, harden existing technologies, secure infrastructures, and work with development teams to ensure product security before deployment.
- Learn how embedded systems get hacked, and how to make them more resilient
- Broaden your security awareness from I.T. to physical assets
- Acquire a valuable skillset: security assessment and testing
- Learn from actual practitioners and get hands-on experience, not just slides and theory
- Prepare your company to defend against new threats that come with IoT adoption