Earlier this year, PTC published a survey and report detailing how enterprises were approaching and prioritizing their digital transformation efforts.
The State of Digital Thread included several key findings, including the fact that digital thread was a high priority for respondents, ranking ahead of artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, the evolving workforce and digital twins.
Two more interesting tidbits:
- 74% of the leaders surveyed said that improving their ability to leverage data across the enterprise would be effective or highly effective at addressing disruption
- Less than 34% said that data created within their department is widely available on enterprise systems; that number drops to 16% for customer/field product data and 8% for data from suppliers
Taken together, it’s fair to say that many organizations see great potential in harnessing digital thread but effectively using that data for digital transformation remains a challenge.
If that sounds all too familiar, here’s something that can help.
On Thursday, September 23 at 11 a.m. EDT, PTC and Accenture will present on a free webinar hosted by the MIT Sloan Management School dedicated to the topic of digital thread and how enterprises can maximize the value of this technology.
The webinar, titled A Digital Thread: Capitalize on Your Data’s Value, will feature three distinguished participants:
- Catherine Kniker, Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer, PTC
- Raghav Narsalay, Managing Director and Global Research Lead for Industry X, Accenture
- Wade Roush, Business Technology Journalist
Wade Roush will serve as moderator for the discussion, guiding Catherine Kniker and Raghav Narsalay as they explore how enterprises can create a holistic digital thread that provides a durable competitive advantage.
Specific areas of focus will include:
- Connecting people, products, and processes internally and externally, generating new cross-functional ecosystems and stronger supply chain partnerships
- Supporting data-driven improvements in engineering quality, manufacturing efficiency, and product and service innovation
- Unlocking new options for using data insights to enhance customer relationships and experiences
- Leveraging existing technology and hardware for digital transformation rather than requiring a wholesale “rip and replace” approach
After the panel, there will also be an interactive Q&A where viewers get the chance to send questions along and have them answered.
To sign up for the webinar, click here. You can also receive educational updates on digital transformation, including a brand new research report co-authored by PTC and Accenture, throughout the year by signing up here.